Doctor Bird Recipe
Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 2 cups of chopped bananas
- 1 1/2 tsps of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- 2 greased 9″ round cake pans or 2 cupcake baking pans
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of Crisco
- 1 tsp of vanilla or orange flavoring oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Combine your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl:
Add the sifted flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix the ingredients together.
- Combine your wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl:
Add the eggs and beat them. Then, add the crushed pineapple, chopped bananas, vanilla, and oil.
- Combine your wet ingredients and dry ingredients in one bowl with a beater.
- Add the chopped walnuts to the mixture.
- Scoop the batter into a cupcake pan or place half of the mixture into each 9″ greased round cake pan.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or bake the cake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the powdered sugar and Crisco to the mixing bowl:
When adding the Crisco, divide it into 1/2″ pieces and blend it into the sugar with a fork.
- Beat the vanilla and water into the mixture.
- Wait at least an hour for your cake to cool before putting the icing on it.
Cake/Cupcake Décor Ideas:
Top your cupcakes/cake with coconut, walnuts and/or fruit.
Please like & share: